Our team is constantly reviewing the ISC East Health & Safety Guidelines in accordance with New York City and New York State public health requirements and in collaboration with the Javits Center. We will continue to update our protocols for ISC East as needed. Please make sure to continue checking this page for the most up-to-date information.
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
WE'RE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO ISC EAST!
Updated: September 26, 2021
At ISC East, we’ve implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience, in accordance with New York City and New York State public health requirements and in collaboration with the Javits Center. Every participant, including attendees, exhibitors and ISC staff, are expected to comply with the ISC East health and safety requirements, including, but not limited to, wearing an approved face covering at all times and verification of Full Vaccination. Please read below for more details on our protocols:
***NEW ISC EAST 2021 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT***
Based on current public health conditions and State and City guidance for live entertainment and conventions, ISC East will now proceed as a Fully Vaccinated admission event, meaning that all participants will need to provide proof of Full Vaccination against COVID-19 in order to enter ISC East.
“Full Vaccination” means that the day of your entry to ISC East must be at least 14 days after your final dose of an FDA approved or FDA or WHO authorized vaccine. Additional details, including a list of approved vaccines, are available in the FAQ below.
Vaccine.gov offers more information if you’re interested in learning about the COVID-19 vaccine or how to schedule your vaccination.
Further details regarding our vaccination verification process will be provided on this page and will be communicated to our visitors via e-mail in the coming weeks.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change. Please refer to our website often for the most up-to-date information.
In accordance with New York State law and the Javits Center requirements, everyone must wear an approved face covering at all times while inside the venue and while attending ISC East. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Please note: Based on current local and venue health guidelines, this policy applies to everyone at ISC East, including exhibitors, attendees, vendors, and staff.
INCREASED SANITIZATION AND HYGIENE
ISC East has worked closely with the Javits Center to implement sanitization standards. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene. The Javits Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including ISC East. For more information, please click here.
DIRECTIONAL AND DISTANCE MARKINGS
We have adjusted our layout and implemented exhibitor recommendations with capacity management and physical distancing in mind.
FOLLOW ALL SIGNAGE AND DIRECTION FROM STAFF
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to promote the health and safety of all participants. Please adhere to all signage and direction from all staff.
FOLLOW THE CODE OF CONDUCT
Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow participants so that everyone can enjoy their time at ISC East.
ISC East management and partners are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page. Additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available. Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy the show!
HEALTH & SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to New York. Visit the New York COVID Travel Safety page for more information.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including ISC East. Prior to registering for and attending ISC East, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending ISC East, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering ISC East, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That you will abide by all ISC East health-and-safety requirements, including wearing an approved face covering at all times;
- That you are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That prior to attending ISC East you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine;
- That you are not under any self-quarantine orders; and
- That you are fully vaccinated, meaning at the time you are attending the Event it has been at least fourteen (14) days since:
- your second dose in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series approved or authorized by the FDA or by the WHO, or
- your single dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the FDA or by the WHO.
All participants MUST provide each of the following to Management prior to entry into the Event:
- a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport; and
- proof of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination (whether a physical copy or on a smartphone) OR through the use of an approved mobile app, such as the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit: https://epass.ny.gov).
Please do not enter ISC East or Javits Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at ISC East you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Javits Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
“Fully Vaccinated” means the date you are entering ISC East must be:
- at least 14 days after your second dose of an FDA or WHO approved or authorized two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after your single dose of an FDA or WHO authorized single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
The following vaccines approved by the FDA or authorized by the FDA for emergency use*:
- Pfizer (BioNTech)
- J&J (Jansen)
The following vaccines authorized by the WHO for emergency use*:
- Oxford - AstraZeneca
- Sinopharm – BBIBP
The following vaccine used during a U.S. based clinical trial:
RX and ISC East will accept mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedules of WHO-authorized vaccines to establish Full Vaccination status.
*This list is current as of September 26, 2021 and may be revised in the future.
We will provide more details in the coming weeks regarding the verification process. We anticipate that participants will be required to show proof of Full Vaccination via a digital certificate or app (such as NYS Excelsior, Clear Health Pass, or Docket) or a physical copy of your vaccination card, along with an appropriate government-issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport matching the name on the vaccination documentation.
No, only Fully Vaccinated participants will be granted access to ISC East. Negative COVID-19 tests are not accepted and there will be no exceptions granted.
No, every single person must be present with their own ID and applicable vaccination verification materials (ie. physical vaccination card or digital proof).
No. We are unable to provide access to the physical event for those who are not Fully Vaccinated. To accommodate those unable to meet admission requirements, ISC East plans to include variety of digital / virtual resources, which brings ISC East highlights, content and updates to the industry community wherever they are. More information coming soon.
Yes. Everyone at ISC East is required to wear an approved face covering at all times, including during move-in and move-out, regardless of vaccination status. Additional details and guidelines on acceptable face coverings can be found here.
ISC East show management partners closely with all venues, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These include:
- Verification that all participants at ISC East are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Strict Compliance with Code of Conduct (including Signage and Staff Guidance)
- Retention of Exhibitor and Attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Increased Sanitization and Hygiene - trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency
- Designated entrance and exit points to the event floor
- Directional and Distance Markings
- Increased staff and security to provide customer service and information accessibility
- Show management may remove, ban or revoke the badge without refund of anyone who fails to comply or impacts the safety or security of the Event, each in show management’s sole and absolute discretion.
The Javits Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including ISC East. For more information, please click here.
The Javits Center is proud to have received GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation in recognition of enhanced venue health and safety measures. Established by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association) the GBAC STAR™ program establishes requirements to support venue work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems that minimize risks associated with infectious agents such as COVID-19.
Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement above). ISC East will have specially designated Safety Ambassadors available to ensure all guidelines are being followed. A health and safety contact phone number will be clearly noted on signage throughout ISC East to allow for reporting of any concerns or issues. Show management may remove, ban or revoke the badge without refund of anyone who fails to comply or impacts the safety or security of the Event, each in show management’s sole and absolute discretion.
ISC East expects everyone attending ISC East to adhere to our various policies, including anti-harassment, security screening, and more. Please click here to learn more about the other policies in place at ISC East.
ISC East has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all participants. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors. – COMING SOON!
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible
- Hand Sanitizer: Ensure availability of hand sanitizer at all booths
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Consider including transparent dividers in areas where people will be in close contact
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate
- Face Coverings: Ensure you have adequate face coverings, cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment for your exhibitor staff.
If you have reason to believe you currently have COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19, you should not attend ISC East and consult your physician, including if these conditions emerge while you are in New York. Please review our Health & Safety Acknowledgement each day prior to attending ISC East to ensure you can comply with all of the requirements therein.