The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
SAFETY & SECURITY AT OUR EVENTS
Everyone attending our events should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security staff may approach you to assist outside, at entry or inside the event
- Staff and attendees are required to wear ID badges provided
- Security procedures are fully operational at our events
- Bag checks are in operation at our events
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be in operation at our events
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards are in attendance at our events
- Uniformed and covert Police are in attendance at some of our events
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events
Everyone attending our events is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious or just out of place to a member of event staff
- Remain patient and courteous with event staff undertaking security checks
- Follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- On their final visit to the event, dispose of their badge inside the event or when they’ve returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID with them at all times
Reed Exhibitions and ISC East strive to create and maintain an environment where all people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. As such, we expect ALL parties participating in any ISC East event, including but not limited to, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees, to behave appropriately at all times throughout the year.
ISC East has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind including, but not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments
- Physical assault and/or battery
- Harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of presentations and other events
- Bathroom policing
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome physical attention
- Sexually explicit, suggestive and/or provocative behavior
- Hate symbols
In relation to, but not limited to:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender presentation
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Body size
If a person engages in harassing behavior at any time, ISC East staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from ISC East with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE participating in a ISC event. Exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, press, staff, volunteers, and security are ALL subject to our Anti-Harassment Policy.
Anyone can report harassment to ISC staff at any time. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact security or ISC staff. If necessary, ISC staff will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of ISC.
Prohibited Activities Policy
The Event Policies apply to EVERYONE Participating in the Event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all Participants, exhibitors, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, volunteers, security or any other attendees or participants to the Event. Each Participant to the Event is solely responsible for their own conduct while Participating in the Event or any part of the Event. Guardians are solely responsible for the conduct of any Minors Participating in the Event or any part of the Event.
As part of the Event Policies, each Participant agrees that they will not, and will not directly or indirectly cause others to, do any of the following “Prohibited Activities” in connection with the Event:
(i) interfere with, damage, or engage in any act which disrupts the operation of the Event in any way, including but not limited to, obstructing aisles or entrances or exits, running, cutting in line, saving places in lines for others, jumping over barriers or guardrails, using foul language, screaming, yelling, encouraging disruptive behavior from others, disobeying any time limits, directions or prohibitions provided to Participant by Management’s staff and/or moderators, or preventing any other participant from Participating in the Event by any means;
(ii) distribute, wear, transmit, upload, display or otherwise circulate any content which is inaccurate, unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable to Management in Management’s sole discretion;
(iii) distribute printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior written approval has been obtained from Management;
(iv) impersonate any other person or entity or perform any similar fraudulent activities;
(v) sell goods or services, display goods or services, make solicitations of any kind, or conduct any commercial activities without the prior written approval of Management;
(vi) harvest, collect, or attempt to collect the personal information, email addresses or other contact information of other participants in the Event without the consent of such participants;
(vii) defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud other participants in the Event.
a. Please note that Management has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind. Please review our full Anti-Harassment Policy on the Event website;
(viii) circumvent, disable, damage, remove or otherwise interfere with the security, integrity, or proper conduct of the Event;
(ix) access any unauthorized part of the Event designated as only for Management use;
(x) access the Platform by means of any robot, spider, scraper, crawler or other automated means for any purpose;
(xi) Participate in the Event for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, data protection and privacy;
(xii) smoke within the Venue for a live Event, which includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, vape pens, and marijuana;
(xiii) drink or possess alcohol within the Venue outside of the specifically designated areas. No one under the age of 21 may consume alcohol within or around the Venue;
(xiv) use, sell, possess, or distribute any illegal drugs or other illegal substances, including, but not limited to, any medication that has not been legally obtained, is not being used in its intended dosage or for its intended purpose;
(xv) assault, steal, fight, engage in or incite violence of any kind, including, but not limited to, verbal threats of violence; and
(xvi) possess and/or use any of the following prohibited items in connection with the Event:
• a firearm, ammunition, knife, or weapon of any kind;
o NOTE: Management has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for weapons of any kind. Please review the full policy on the Event website.
• objects or toys that appear to be firearms, ammunition, knives, or weapons;
o NOTE: Event security and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.
• self-defense or restraining devices;
• fireworks or other explosive or flammable objects;
• glass containers;
• recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels;
• strollers which are greater than 31” in width and 52” in length;
• folding chairs;
• selfie sticks;
Health & Safety Information
We are excited to welcome you back to ISC East! At ISC East and all Reed Exhibitions events, your health and safety is our top priority. As part of this commitment, we’ve taken proactive steps and implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Everyone in attendance, including customers, vendors and staff, are expected to comply our health and safety requirements listed on our Health & Safety Information page.